By Natalya Dvali, Editor
Syuzanna Dostaleva from
Actions in support of
In interview to GORDON Syuzanna told about why she is boycotted by Embassy of
– Is it the truth that the guy from the
– We got acquainted with this boy through Facebook, he contacted me with a request to help his friends who are at war in the ATO zone. I manage to collect quite good sum, as for the quiet
– Did you sing "La-la-la" song?
– We were not in that mood. The boy is now on rotation, he is planing to return to ATO. Volunteers in the
– What the Dutch activists specifically do not understand in the Ukrainian policy?
– Why the Ukrainian army still plainly is not provided? Why everything still keeps on volunteers?
There are some Ukrainian TV channels in the
– Residents of the
– The Dutches understand that
– How they can know nothing about
– Nevertheless recently in the
What can we talk about, if on February 18-20, 2014 when on the Maidan in
– At the end of March, 2014 you signed the petition of the Ukrainian community of the Netherlands with a request to immediately withdraw the Plenipotentiary Ambassador of Ukraine Alexander Gorin. It was claimed in the petition that the Ukrainian ambassador showed the pro-Russian position more than once …
– Ukrainian communities of
– The Embassy of
– It not only withdrew, but also detains us! I addressed embassy several times, asked them to help to send already collected humanitarian freight. They did not react. They literally boycott me. Moreover, in
– How do they exactly impede?
– They also raise funds for the Ukrainian fighters but when we asked them: "Where do you specifically send money?" – they answered: "To the "Fund of diasporas in
I suggested hundreds times to create the joint volunteer center in Europe for the help to Ukraine, even made the list of heads of national communities and the Ukrainian diasporas in the West. It is necessary to unite and orderly to buy in the West the most important things that Ukrainians need. And these pseudo-volunteers buy for fighters vitamins for 20 dollars. I consider it as mad squandering.
– But Pavel Klimkin's (the head of Ukrainian Ministry of Foreign Affairs) wife Natalya works in embassy in the
– I am not sure that madam Klimkina is engaged in something concrete in embassy. She somehow mentioned that considers important to be present near the husband on all events, so she is rarely in
– How do you think why your volunteer activity disturbs someone in the
– Because my charity foundation
– And how it is possible to earn on volunteering?
– For example, not to show, how much money did they collect.
Everybody is trying to collect money for the Ukrainian army and immigrants. It is fine, but the main objective of our fund – to buy things that are impossible to be bought in
The main problem of the Ukrainian volunteer organizations in the
– How many volunteers are there in your organization?
– On our Facebook-page Inturist more than 600 subscribers, but the main frame of fund – 30 people, ethnic Ukrainians. They are engaged in search, purchase, documents and so on. For example, four persons dealt with an issue of purchases of special stockings from phantom pains for fighters with the amputated extremities, now they can even write the thesis on this subject.
We send humanitarian freights by trucks; every freight weights more than a ton. Everything is there: drugs, dressings, equipment, sleeping bags, clothes. Generally money and things is given by the Dutches. In
– How much many do the Dutches send to the Ukrainian volunteers?
– Donations were reduced by needs of ATO and immigrants. If earlier we received 1,5-2 thousand euros a month, but now - no more than 500-750 euros
– When were you in native
– In May, just at the same time when there were events on Kulikovo field and people in the House of labor unions burned down (on May 2, 2014 in Odessa mass riots started when the pro-Ukrainian meeting was attacked suddenly by the pro-Russian separatists. Opposition terminated on Kulikovo field where the camp of anti-Maidan protesters settled down. As a result of the fire in the House of labor unions 46 people were lost.–"GORDON").
Unambiguously it was provocation. I saw how the rank of policemen moved apart the boards from which unknown shot at activists of the pro-Ukrainian meeting. I also saw how they allowed strange people in jumpsuits to attack cheerful, color meeting of euromaidan protesters where there were many women and children. After the fire in the House of labor unions three more days they were catching us and beating all over the city.
– For what?
– For a ribbon with flowers of the Ukrainian flag. I was beaten in a connection passage, I fainted at once. It didn't heart any more. I stood on a stop with a dog. I saw how the strange crowd ran for some activist who had the Ukrainian flag on his backpack. Suddenly this huge ruck changed their direction and ran after me, the only thing that I managed to make, – to break the Ukrainian ribbon from my dog.
– Anti-Maidan protesters were "The rack" in
– No, they come in large numbers of thugs for hire. Residents of
In the spring in
– You after all were near the House of labor unions when there was a tragedy …
– Yes I was. We even made two corridors for those who was in the building. Not everyone went out of there for some reason though the fire already began. The house of labor unions is huge if people did not want to go outside, they could hide from the fire in other wing of the building or rise to a roof. But nobody hide anywhere. It seems to me, those who remained in the House of labor unions, at the time of the fire were already dead.
– Syuzanna how do you think, how the war in
– It will end with one more Maidan, or … People are very much tired. The Ukrainian authorities have to do everything that the people were not disappointed in them. The parliament votes so as it eats sunflower seeds: laws are baked as pies, but their execution nobody controls. We in the West very well see it even at insufficient information from
Despite fatigue, the Ukrainians living abroad will help. I cannot refuse volunteering though because of it, it was necessary to throw the business and all what I achieved in the