By Tatyana Orel
Georgia, Armenia, Transnistria, Afghanistan, Tajikistan, African
In the 1991st Victoria Ivleva made the photo report of the IV reactor of the
"You never know when the history will begin, what person you will meet, and what destiny is waiting for you. Therefore never pass by – help others". She followed this principle always and everywhere, as well as in the summer of 2014th in
She posted the impressions of that trip, video and photos on the page on Facebook. Then she collected all the materials in the book "Travel of a Facebook Worm across
"When you bring to the old man a piece of meat, and he starts crying, I am ready to die from shame for all of us. He is not guilty for anything. He cannot go anywhere from there. He does not want to go anywhere from there, but it does not mean that we have to call him the terrorist and spit at him", – Viktoria Ivleva told.
– you can find my book on my Facebook page in the form of separate texts. So, those who are interested, they could read them. Besides, the part of books is already in
– What did you memorize most of all during the spring travel across
– People’s bewilderment that
– The other day you took part in the program Shuster LIVE and said about the people who remained in occupied territories, so emotionally that many in studio could not hold their tears. You got into dispute with Yury Lutsenko when he told how his wife tried to deliver humanitarian aid to Donbass, but the machine was not passed by fighters. It seemed to me, you know about people of Donbass more, than the Ukrainian politicians …
– They know everything too. But they think only of billions, and I don’t know why they send their wives with a humanitarian escort as though it is advertizing pleasure walk.
– You’ve been to Donbass more than once – in the places, where politicians cannot appear because it is the enemy’s territory. Perhaps they simply do not see and feel so sharply from
– And what is distance got to do with that? I went there, already understanding something, not just to look. I communicated with volunteers. And who prevents the state to communicate with volunteers? Nobody. Communicate, interview others, ask them to write you reports. And, actually, what an intimate knowledge can be received there, after only visiting those territories? It's clear that it is hard for people there and they are terrified, isn't it? It is necessary simply to be simple a human being. In your country humanity is presented at enormous quantity, and first of all at those who is involved in the volunteer movement.
– And still if someone from politicians or the official figures that usually say abstract words would stand at a bed of the specific old man dying of hunger, their reaction to solutions on which life of people depends, would be faster.
– I somehow was trying to prove to one high-ranking person that there are still many patriots of
Don't ministers and politicians watch TV? Don't they hear stories how people try to survive there? Probably, the matter is that when the person enters the state position, in the our part of the world, he becomes boy Kai from the tale of the Snow queen, and, like this boy, make words from pieces of ice. And it is not clear when Gerda will arrive on deer to warm his heart.
– In conditions when fighters do not let a humanitarian escort from
– I consider that it would be necessary to use small groups of volunteers which have a local registration therefore they can easily pass the posts. Counters are full of the Ukrainian products in the market in Lugansk. After all someone brings them there – those cans couldn't come there on foot. Those people could take in addition some humanitarian freight for the state account. And the state could pay their services – after all not all are capable and want to be volunteers. It can be adjusted. There are a lot of food there, but people simply have no money that to buy it.
– They are told: "Leave, become immigrants …"
– And why people remained in occupied territories in the 1941st? The enemy then was more terrible – fascists. But it is clear that not everyone could leave. It is clear about the 1941st, but it's not clear about the 2014th or what?
– You told very precisely in one of interviews: many of these people living on Donbass are nobody's, they will also remain lost everywhere: in
– I have no right to criticize
And where was the state? I read magazines of Lugansk regional administration for the 2008th year. It was written there that fascists are not allowed to discredit memory of heroes of Krasnodon. But who can quarell a feat of "Young Guard" – the faet of Serejka Tyulenin who burned the building of Gestapo with lists of people who were supposed to be sent to
Ukraine has a difficult history, and it is worth to remember about it: one its part, unlike another, was as a part of the Russian Empire and the Soviet Union, another was a part of the USSR only in the 1939th, and they did not know what the collectivization, industrialization, GULAG and other "delights" of the Soviet entity were. It was necessary to connect two parts of the country when the break started. But, probably, nobody did that.
– All your volunteer posts in FB begin with words: "Army of ants is always in a system". Why "ants"?
– Once Lev Nikolaevich Tolstoy created for children "An ant brotherhood" in Yasnaya Polyana. And my children visited wonderful classes in "Ant academy" in the
Most often I do not know the names of people which send money for the help to
For the first time we raised money when I went to
Then we raised some money for operation to the boy Dima from
In five days he was examined by doctors in
– How do you think why some Russians are affected by a TV propaganda and they become spiteful and aggressive, but others are ready to help Ukrainians?
– You know … Many of those who is at war on Donbass, consider also that they went to help. I am sure, none of these volunteers, simple people, will not tell: "I arrived to win this earth". They heard that there some "fascists" who kill people, therefore they go to protect children and women. They think that they do good serious work. It is special degree of foolness.
– But people such as Girkin, precisely go to Donbass not from noble motives …
– Girkin – the employee of intelligence services. I speak about ordinary people. Recently I watched a piece –
– And even after arriving to Donbass where they already see the real picture with their own eyes, they still follow their idea?
– And what can they understand? Everybody shoots... For example, the shell got into the house, people, barefoot, naked jumped out from there, escaping from attacks, run on the village. My fellow citizens who arrived on war can see it. And their brains are full of Kisilev's propaganda. To understand a situation, it is necessary to find out who was the first to begin, why it turned out this way. Besides, these Russian rebels are hooked by the idea of "the Russian world" – we are the same people.
I think that responsibility of the one who got into this trap is much less, than responsibility of heartless people who thought up it and enclosed it into their head and sent them to the Russian war. Simple people are actually the essence of the Earth, to deceive them – is criminal and meanly. They are not obliged to be philosophers, the same as I am not obliged to be a plowman. In the honest country people are not involved into the war by deception.
– So it means, it will continue until "kiselevs" and "solovyevs" become silent?
– Once it will also move away. It cannot be eternally the same. Sooner or later the evil will devour itself. Any hatred once comes to a boiling point and blows up. But it's a big question when it will be at this end, and what bloody rivers will begin to flow instead of Yenisei, Lena, Ob and
– They write that many people are leaving
– And what it means "many" when there is 140 million? Let's assume that 150 thousand left
– And how do your relatives take your dangerous work? After all you visited nearly all "hot spots" of the world. And you barely stay at home …
– I do not see anything dangerous in my work. It is the same if to discuss how it is difficult for the ballerina to do thirty two fouettés. But I never saw someone crying from pity for her in the auditorium. No, they sit and clap. The same in my profession also: it is live journalism, and there nothing unusual in it. And as for my relatives, now I have only my lovely dog, named Lenya waiting for me in
– The dog Lenya also has feelings …
– Of course, and my heart hurts also about him. I think, the next time I'll take him with me.
– What could you wish to Ukrainians and
– What can possibly wish when there is a war? Peace, of course. And also I wish you to pass a test for humanity. It is very important. Comparing
I am the friend of Ukrainians, but I am the Russian person. And my service of
There are a lot of people who help
It is a little inconvenient to me to meet such attention from colleagues in your country to me and my volunteer activity. Actually, there is a huge number of my Ukrainian companions-volunteers who do a million times more, than I, but, unfortunately, it is little said about them. With pleasure I can describe Natasha Kirkach and her team from Svyatogorsk who is selflessly betrayed to business, Katya Yaresko, Nadia Krivitskaya and Zhenya Kaplin – people from
The ant army does not know a nationality and frontiers.